Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unspecified error (0x80004005) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

charan1976

Programmer
Aug 5, 2002
US
We have an ASP site that works fine in an NT domain. But when we installed the website on a Win 2k Server, it gives the error:
---------------------
Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
(0x80004005)
Unspecified error
-----------------------------------
This error comes up when there is an INSERT or UPDATE
to the Navision database. Once this INSERT is done,
the next page/pages trying to connect to the database
show this error. The page returns to normal after a
few minutes - only until we do another INSERT/UPDATE
through that ASP page.
The Web server is a Win 2K with MDAC 2.7 version. The
database is Navision 2.60B.
I made sure of closing all the recordsets and connection objects after I was done.
Can anybody help?
Thanks in advance.

YES......

It took me ages to find out what the problem was, but i managed to solve it.. i do not know if this applies to you as well...

But

In my case, the situation was in the fact that i was connecting to the database using an ODBC connection. However the file that win2k and iis have which actually connect to the database, are not designed to allow multiple connections through the odbc connection.... They only allow a certain number of connections in one go..

To resolve this i found infomration on changing the system from an odbc connection to a ole conection.. However i could not get it to work either, So in the end i changed to mysql, and got it working that way..

I think you will find it has something to do with the connection to the database only allowing a certain numebr of connections...

It took me ages to find, but i eventually found it.. I postied it some time back, but have deleted the computer since

thanks

I don't know if you've found a solution for this problem or not. I had the same issue with one of my databases, it occured mostly when I would hit the database numerous times.

The setting that I changed that solved the problem for me was under IIS 5's Web Properties (Default Web, or custom web depending on your setup). Under the "Home Directory" tab, change the "Application Protection" at the bottom to "Low (IIS Process)".

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back