Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unsent mail Server not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecmjs

Technical User
Oct 11, 2001
GB
We run a Lotus Domino server on a Linux 6.2 box
Looking through the router logs there are a lot of "mail not sent to XXX, server not responding" messages. Sometimes they go and othertimes the sender gets a message saying the mail was not sent.
However I can send e-mail to those domains through hotmail. This, I think, is because our server does not look at backup mail server. ie where the MX record has more than one entry Lotus only attempts to send mail to the first.
Is there anything I need to configure to get Lotus to look at secondary mail servers.

Thanks in advance.

is this a public mail server ? is it configured not to allow relaying ? (if your server is open relay, it will be blocked by a number of mail servers, resulting in delivery failures...) --------------------------------------------------------------------
How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work
---------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back