Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UnSelect MenuStrip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy28M

Programmer
Jan 24, 2005
US
What I have is a Windows Form that has built in shortcut keys to help the blind navigate easier/quicker. For instance they can hit Alt+b, Alt+d, Alt+r, ...to run individual subroutines. My problem is that the shortcuts were pre-selected for me, due to the fact that my blind users already have so many shortcuts, they wanted them to stay close to what they already know.

So, when a user hits the shortcut Alt+r, the tool will run the selected subroutine but it activates/selects the menustrip because Alt was part of the shortcut. I already make another control on the form the ActiveControl, I select this ActiveControl but nothing releases the menustrip. Does anyone have any ideas how I can programmically release the menustrip, so my users can navigate on the ActiveControl?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back