Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unscheduled Backup keeps occuring! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennyPeters

Programmer
Oct 29, 2001
US
Hi,

I'm working on SQL7 and seems to have an unscheduled backup that occurs every night at midnight. I DO have a scheulded one that occurs at 2:00AM, but not at midnight.

The log states the following:
Log backed up with following information: Database: prod2000, creation date and time: 2000/02/04(08:50:24), first LSN: 22297:1184:1, last LSN: 22431:110:1, striped: 0, number of dump devices: 1, device information: (FILE=3, TYPE=DISK: {'H:\MSSQL7\BACKUP\prod2000.bak'}).

... but there is no maintenance plan for this backup!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jenny

Maybe you have a scheduled job that is doing the backup?

You need to check you job once again. You may be backing up the database at 2:00a but you may also be backing up the transaction log at 12:00 also.

What is interesting is that you said it is occuring at midnight but the time on the message says '2000/02/04(08:50:24)' Why do you say it is midnight????

Thanks

J. Kusch

PTina,
Please excuse my ignorance, but where would one schedule a 'job'? I don't see that anywhere.

JayKusch,
The date/time you see above is the creation date of the database. The acutal title of the log file shows the time of 00:00:11:93.

But, the backup at midnight appears to be a 'log' backup, and the 2:00am appears to be a 'database' backup, though if I restore from either, they both restore correctly.

Jenny

In Enterprise Manager open Management..SQL Server Agent..Jobs. You will find all the jobs for the server in there.

Thanks

J. Kusch

JayKusch,

Thanks! There was a scheduled job there, making a log backup at 12:00am.

Great help!

Jenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back