Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unsafe expressions warning and opening problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmurado

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2003
AU
Hi, we just rolled out Office 2003 across domain using GPO and using CIW to make a transform that changed reg keys for unsafe expressions so that our existing database would work.

However, I have one user whose upgrade went fine-however, he is having problems accessing certain parts of the database-specifically certain queries and reports.
Funny thing is, if I login as domain admin on his machine it works fine but when I login as him it doesn't work.
Now I thought that the two reg keys for the JET 4.0\engine SandBoxMode and the MSACCESS security level applied to everyone on the machine.

However, when I compare his HKCU\Software\microsoft\ to mine(which works) I see that he has a Jet4.0 subkey whereas I don't. Is that right? Even if I change this to most permissive however, it still doesn't work. Could it be a registry setting that is causing this?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back