Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unresponsive server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caheem1

MIS
Sep 15, 2004
BB
Guys I have a windows 2ooo DC server SP3 that hung two days in a row. It is a dell power edge 1400 and has two SCSI 180GB drives (no raid. It has DHCP, two sites, and it is a print server. It stops responding and when reboot (warm boot) is stalls at the applying system policy. When I arrive at the client’s office I rebooted again same problem. I know it is not a hardware problem, but I ran diagnostic utilities that came with server. The hardware is functioning, as it should. I logged on in safe mode to access the log files. I found no problems in any of the log files within the event viewer. I shut down from safe mode and give the DC a cold boot, and it booted find. My problem is that I have to give the irate client an explanation as to why the machine when down

I have seen this before where the Default Domain Policy became corrupt. MS has a tool to rebuild the Default Policies. You might want to try that.

Document any changes that you have made to the policy so you can recreate them.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back