Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unresolved external 'DirectDrawCreate'

Status
Not open for further replies.

vistor

Technical User
Dec 22, 2000
US
I keep getting that error and I can't compile because of it..Please Help..Thanks!

make sure you are including the ddraw.lib as well as the ddraw.h and initguid.h files.

Make sure these are included in your source file:

#include <initguid.h>
#include <ddraw.h>

Make sure this is included in the Project > Settings > Link tab:

Where it says this half way down the properties sheet ->

Object/library modules:
kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

Add ddraw.lib so the line looks like this:

Object/library modules:
kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib ddraw.lib

This should help out with the error you're getting, also, you might need to add the uuid.lib as well... I'm not sure about that, but you might.

Best Regards,
Nathan Martini
Technical Support Engineer
EB1.com

Thanks..I found that out last night and I know I have to include the ddraw.lib..but the only problem is I am using the free-commandline compiler,and I don't know how to use the IMPLIB.EXE to import a lib..so if you know how of anyone else does please help..Thanks..PEACE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back