Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unrecoverable 332 error string/array memory overflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

hag99

Technical User
Nov 8, 2003
US
Intermintent error in my app. Can't make it happen but it happens periodically. Any clues on to reporduce and then get rid of it?

Can depend a lot on the compiler and/or linker you're using, please report make/version of these (Clipper: S87, 5.0, 5.2, 5.3;Linker: RTLink, ExoSpace, Blinker, Causeway + version)

HTH
TonHu

Thanks for the response. CA 5.3, Blinker7.

AFAIK, Blinker sets the CLIPPER=E0 setting in every exe it generates, so that shouldn't be the problem, but it won't hurt if you have it set. The Clipper VM doesn't handle EMS (expanded) memory well, so it should stay disabled at all times.

You do have the latest Clipper patches installed for CA 5.3 I assume, because it usually solves a lot of these kind of problems.

Switching back to Clipper 5.2e, if possible at all, can also solve problems like these, I never upgraded to 5.3 because it had a lot of 'early adopter' problems, and fixes took ages to arrive. Now I don't even bother as my Clipper dev-days are minimized to incidental support :)

HTH
TonHu

What language do you program in now? I need to convert my app to 32bits. I'm using fivewin for the windows interface and it has been a life saver. Any thoughts on a conversion to 32bits?

For Clipper-heads there's really only one way to go 32-bits ;-) xHarbour! Get the open-source version from or an extended (extra libraries & tools available) and commercially supported version (based on the same open-source-code) from News and support, nntp based, are freely (most groups) available from nntp://news.xharbour.org

HTH
TonHu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back