Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unprotect VB editor in Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimrod44

Programmer
Sep 17, 2001
US
I'm using excel 2000 on Windows 2000 computer
Can anybody tell me if there is a way to unprotect the vb editor in Excel using Code? I have written a program for our engineers that strips all code from our specification workbooks so they can e-mail it to their customers. Our workbooks have menus that are controlled from a seperate contol file, so when the customer opens the spec workbook he/she gets an error "can't find inmac8.xls"(the name of our control file). When I strip the code from the spec workbook, the customer no longer gets the error message(s).
I have had no problem with stripping the code from vb editor, but haven't found anything about unprotecting the vb editor, which I must do before allowed to delete any of the vb components.
Thanks for any help, suggestions anybody can provide.
nimrod44

Hello,

I was trying to do the same thing recently, and I don't believe that there is a way to do this.

See q:
thread68-134920 I did was create a new blank file and copy all the required bits and pieces over, rather than deleting from the active file and saving as a different name.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back