Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unowned LUN Clariion 5400 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinibee

Vendor
Aug 22, 2003
US
Hi
I have a Clariion 5400 with DPE and one DAE with 10 disks each. I have brocase silkworm 2800 FC switch. I have two LUNS for two systems.

Suddenly one of the LUN (lun00) has gone to "UNOWNED" LUN group and is not owned by any of the SP's.

I have rebooted the clariion several times. When I have seen the LOG of the storage box it shows

"Enclosure 0 disk 0 : Cache Dirty"

How can I bring it back to original state. My entire research data is on this LUN. I have no backup for that particular LUN.

A timely help would be appreciated.

regards
Srinivas Bandaru

"Dirty Cache" can be cleared but you'll need to call the EMC support number 800-344-3577. They have a procedure to clear the bits and restore the lun to an online and ready state. However, there is no guarantee that the data will be viable after clearing the bit. There's a good possibility that you'll get back most of it. They should be able to walk you thru the procedure over the phone but it'll cost you whatever the current phone assist rate is. The Dirty Cache occurred because the clariion lost power while the os was still accessing the array and the clariion was unable to dump the cache back to the disk vault as a result. Normally, the bbu would allow time for the clariion to complete the dump. I'd make sure that your bbu is working - green led and the bbu tests in the log should give you an indiation of whether things are working or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back