Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unnecessary space in a report 'between' sections 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick01

Programmer
Aug 20, 1999
AU
I am using Crystal reports to design Pharmaceutical labels , hence the available space is very tight. I occasionally get a space that occurs 'between' sections that I cannot understand. Eg Between the detail section and page footer , there is about a 5mm-8mm forced gap. In normal reports this doesn't matter, however on a medicine label it is... ANY help?

I am not doing anything as critical, but I have seen the same type of thing.<br>
<br>
I've found no way to get rid of it.

I do not know if that will apply...<br>
<br>
I did some work with PROGRESS 4GL and we had the same kind of problem, except it was with the report writer included with PROGRESS.<br>
<br>
Anyway, we found out that we had to be real careful with the font that we were using, especially if it was proportional font. <br>
<br>
May be you could check that out.

mick01,<br>
<br>
Couple of things. <br>
<br>
First, make certain that you've formatted all sections to suppress blank space. <br>
<br>
Second, make certain that the section has not been physically resized (via click-n-drag) larger than the font line requrements. (This last one ate me alive for a couple of weeks!)<br>
<br>
Third (OK, _three_ things!), make certain that the 'Report Footer' section is properly suppressed/hidden.<br>
<br>
These all come under the heading of 'Is it plugged in?" - but some plugs are smaller and harder to see than others &lt;grin!&gt; - and may be of no use at all, but worth a shot.<br>
<br>
Make a good day . . .<br>
. . . barn<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back