Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unlocking Protected VBProject to Replace Module via Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

Programmer
May 30, 2000
US
Greetings,

I am writing a patch to be sent out to remote users that will replace a code module with a new module that contains updated code. Their Excel Application is password protected, as is the VBProject. Since the VBProject is protected, I cannot replace it. I know the code to unprotect the workbook, but not the VBProject.
I have found code to return whether or not it is protected, but not code to do the actually unprotecting.

Any help providing me with code for unprotecting (unlocking) the VBProject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. [sig]<p>-Chopper<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

Hi Chopper,

I have a similar problem where I need to unprotect a large number of VBprojects inside Word templates programatically in order to insert several lines of code into all projects as a batch. If you ever revisit this forum and have found a solution for this, please let me know, I will be very greateful.

Thanks,

Slava

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back