Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unloading a DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaa69

Programmer
Nov 12, 2001
US
I am on a Windows NT Workstation. A DLL seems to have been corrupted. msvcrt.dll I have a backup copy of this DLL but I can not just copy it to the system32 Directory. An error comes up and suggest using PView. I have not been able to find out anything on PView. Does anyone have a suggestion how I can get this bad DLL out and replace it with a good one?

Thank You

Vegas Baby Vegas

If it really is a bad dll - you could install drive as slave on another machine & then overwrite bad file. Or, if you own 2k or XP install CD, you could run recovery console (works with NT) and overwrite bad file from there.

I will see if that is practical to remove the drive from the computer and overwrite it that way.

While waiting for a decision on that anyone else have any ideas while the machine is running/ What is PView taht the system says I should use to remove a bad DLL?

That DLL is a pain in the ar5e! Have you installed any software that may have installed a different version of the DLL? Also, try reapplying SP6a again?

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

TheLad,

Yes I realize it is a pain. I think SP6a may have actually done it, there was an older program on the system that is having a real hard time running it. Besides taking the drive out and reading it on another machine isn;t there anyway to get rid of this copy and put another one on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back