Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unlinking a linked Excel Worksheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooley

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
US
I have an Excel worksheet that is currently linked to other worksheets. I need to be able to email this worksheet, but I do NOT want it to prompt the recipient to keep existing information or update existing information. I have tried to save the worksheet in a Web format, but all of the features don't carry over properly. I have attempted to copy the worksheet to Word, but it is too large (even when I decrease the font size). If anyone has any ideas, please forward as soon as possible. Thank you for any help out there!

Try this:
In the linked workbook go to the Edit menu and select Links, then click on the Break Link button

I think Break Links is only in XP.

If you want to just put the values in the worksheet instead of ALL formulas, simply do Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C then right click the mouse, choose Paste Special and select Values.

If you want to keep the formulas except for the links go to Edit - Links and change the source to the current workbook. The current workbook will need to have sheets of the same name though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back