Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unlimited Possibilities on XP login screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwyman

Technical User
Apr 2, 2004
US
I have a user that I could not access through remote. I have done this hundreds of times with few problems.

There was NO firewall whatsoever blocking.

However, the curious thing was that on her Welcome screen it showed a red icon that said Turn Off Unlimited Possibilities. When she click on this it did something?? and then rebooted her computer.

When it came up she logged in and then I tried to remote in again and low and behold, I was able to remote in.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this and what in the heck is it?

TIA,

cwyman

You're not talking about the Power down icon in the lower left hand corner are you? For instance, "Unlimited Possibilities" isn't the Description of the computer is it...as in "Turn Off Unlimited Possibilities".....i.e. Mine says "Turn Off Gateway Laptop" because that's what I used for the computer Description. ***Not to be confused with the computer name***

I guess I'm not really understanding exactly what you mean by it. And that really wouldn't have anything to do with allowing/not allowing you to remote into that computer. Where is the red icon located on the screen??? As a user, or something else?

I'm willing to bet that the name of her PC is "Unlimited Possibilities".

Could be an installation of AIDA32 Enterprise edition, with remote.

I think you were right about her computer name "Unlimited Possibilities" because when she click on it, her machine shut down.

I did get her fix and was able to remote in so I guess her computer just had attitude!!

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back