Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unknown Schema Extension Version Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyds

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2007
GB
I installed MS Exchange 2007 and for reasons I won’t go into I un-installed it from the control panel and deleted the OU in AD that it had created.

I then wiped the server and installed MS exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 32bit configuration. I have a one forest \ one domain setup. All the deployment tasks went through error free including forest prep and domain prep.
Once I applied all the updates I was advised to run MS Exchange 2003 Best Practices Analyzer tool. When I ran a health check scan a critical issue was found “Unknown Schema Extension Version - The Exchange schema extensions are from an unknown version. Schema version detected is 11116.”. I re-ran forest prep and domain prep successfully and re-booted but the same scan came up with the same issue.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Try running the forestprep and domainprep again. It could be that the 2003 BPA is seeing the 2007 schema version and not understanding it as it is newer or equally it could be that something actually is up with your domain.

Updated ExBPA and it now works as it should. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back