Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unknown Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilebalar

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2002
US
Does anyone what the following are??? I found them in Task Manager under Process.

XWCTray.exe
xwmsapi
INSTAN~1.exe
usrmlnka.exe
usrshuta.exe
usrmlnka.exe (yes, there were 2 of this)

Is there anywhere I can get a reference of System Process?

Thanks.
[noevil]

Yes, I searched them at every search engine that I know of but couldn't find anything... Thanks for the XP process link.

[noevil]

XWCTray.exe = not sure but, end the task in task manager while watching your tray. Mousing over after closing may make one disapear.
xwmsapi = still no clue, microsoft has no answer for me either like usual.
INSTAN~1.exe = I believe this one's culprite is TextBridge Instant Access OCR. If not the exact software, some other image to text scanning software.
usrmlnka.exe = as explained eariler by wthelen, this ones US robotics fault. Either a Internal or external modem.
usrshuta.exe = same as above
usrmlnka.exe = same as above

Thanks Everyone!

INSTAN~1.exe = I do have TextBridge installed but no clue why it is running @ startup... need to disable that...
Usrmlnka.exe = Yes, I have an internal US robotics modem.

And I will try ending the XWCTray process and see what happen. I will post again.

Thanks,
[noevil]

Download and run AdAware ( if u r unsecure (insecure?) of the processes on your pc. The program will detect most spyware apps and give u the opportunity to remove'em. Works fine!

you can remove any atartup programs that arnt in your startup folder by typing msconfig in start>run. its under the tab "startup" if u didnt know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back