Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unknown Error When Trying to Create my Custom Workflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdv212

Programmer
Dec 16, 2008
IR
Hi
I am working in a test environment for WSS 3.0 to test the workflows. I was create a simple custom workflow for wss and deploy to wss. But after I enter in all the setup info to create a new custom workflow and click enter, on the next screen I get an "unknown error" message. Has anyone encountered this error while trying to create the custom workflow and if so, how did you fix it ?

Also i check log file and found this line when i click next in my custom workflow (in workflow setting) :

12/16/2008 21:38:57.39 w3wp.exe (0x0BEC) 0x050C Windows SharePoint Services General 8dzz High Exception Type: System.Web.HttpException Exception Message: The file '/_layouts/CstWrkflIP.aspx' does not exist.

can anyone help me about this issue ?
thanks

Hello,

Most likely your workflow is set up to use a form that you iether have not copied or that does not exist.

Check out the elements file (likely workflow.xml) and either remove the forms reference to cstwrkflip.aspx or create and deploy that file. you would deploy it to the [12]\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS folder if you want to match the url listed in the error.

.b

Blog for my upcoming SharePoint book
"Building the SharePoint User Experience":

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back