Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unknown error 1117

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvmv

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
ES
Hi,

I've Networker 6.2 on W2k SP2 with Qualstar Library TLS-412300 with AIT-3.

The Library is connect via Fibre Channel.

When I run the backups always fault some drive, never is the same drive.

The error is the following:

nsrd: \\.\Tape1 Eject operation in progress
nsrmmd #10: tape_open GetTapeStatus failed: unknown error 1117 (0x45d) (268436573)
nsrd: media info: unload retry for jukebox `Qualstar' failed - will retry again.
nsrd: media info: unload retry for jukebox `Qualstar': sleeping 30 seconds
nsrd: media info: unload retry for jukebox `Qualstar' failed - time limit exceeded: aborting.
nsrd: media info: failed unloading drive `\\.\Tape1' to slot '7', error '50'

For solution this problem, I have to do eject manual the drive.

I check the firmware of the hardware and is correct.

Firmware of FCO: R521
Firmware of AIT-3: 0102
Firmware of HBA LP8000: 3.82x1

Can somebody help me?

Thanks.

The error is a windows one, as in:
C:\>net helpmsg 1117

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

It means that your drive is not ejecting.
Has this ever worked? If so, get your library's hardware support to look at it.

What Fibre cards are you using, and are you running mini-port or port drivers?

I using Emulex LP8000 with Port driver.

Hi,

I must admit I've no experience of this error, however, the excerpt you pasted does have a valid nsrjb error code

(050) Drive door closed
The user was trying to perform an unload operation.
When the jukebox went to move the media from the drive
to a slot, the transport found the media drive door
closed.

If this is valid then I'd guess it's either something wrong with the configuration of the library from a hardware perspective or the eject / unload sleep settings aren't long enough. The latter being the easiest one to check / adjust.

I have a similiar error using a unix server. Does the tape eject manually? If so the drive may well be slowly failing. I have had this problem which included another symptom. The drive in question would not write a full tape it would detect a EOT without using the full tape. Do you have similiar events? My problem was the drive. DLT7000

Hi All - This will sound extremly simple but it worked for me. I was receiving the exact same error above when trying to relabel a tape from a particular slot. I am running Legato Networkr 6.2 on a W2K Adv Srv box with a ADIC Scalar 100 using IBM LTO1 drives. Like I said I received this error when trying to relabel but the problem I believe was I rebooted the backup server the night before. When I checked out the ADIC Scalar 100 it didn't even show the drives on the front LCD panel. I rebooted the Scalar 100 and after it finished teaching\reading the columns it saw the drives again. I then attempted a dismount from the operations menu and it dismounted the tape correctly into it's specified slot. I then attempted the label job again and it completed successfully. So, if you rebooted your backup server for any reason reboot the Scalar (or similar library) afterwards, worked for me.... - ArmandC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back