Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UNIX to Windows 2000 site migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadwalader

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2002
US
Well, I've been thrown to the wolves once again...

I built a site from phpnuke on a FreeBSD server. All was well. The the senior sysadmin decided to move everything over to Windows 2000 (VPN, DNS, web, FTP, mail, everything). I guess he was feeling inadiquite because I was the only one who knew how to run the servers. Anyway, I moved the site, fought with MySQL Win32 to get that working right, and now, I have no idea how to set the file permissions. Something's farting out somewhere...when you try to access anything but the index page, you get "Sorry, you can't access this file directly..." and if memory serves me right, I had the same problem on BSD, and all I needed to do was set the proper permissions.

How do you do this in Windows? I know about the Security tab, and everything is allowed to everyone already...could this be another hiccup in MySQL? Hope I was of some help...
--OR--
Thanks for the help...
--Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back