Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UNIX server sizing for Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbush

Technical User
Jun 18, 2001
GB
Can anyone point me at tools or documents that would help in sizing a UNIX server to run Oracle? I need something that, at high level, will say for such as such application, doing this and that in Oracle, you will need so many processors of so much power, with so much memory, etc.. In other words, I need to give a budgetary design for the appropriate server/storage or server/storage upgrade, based on the Oracle requirements.

Thanks, Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I was wondering if you found any such tools to help you size the hardware running Oracle? If you have, I would greatly appreciate if you could point me to them, as I also have a need.

Thanks,
Khalid

Brian Wong's Configuration and capacity Planning for Solaris servers is dated but chaper 3 is on database servers The one thing you can't give for your heart's desire is your heart. - Lois McMaster Bujold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back