Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unix queue printing, from a remote unix terminal, bets solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJGroot

Technical User
Sep 20, 2013
NL
Hi all,

I have a unix application running via Reflexion (on Windows) on a long distant location.
I like to print from this application to the locale window(reflexion) pc printer.
For locale printing, the printers are directly connected to the unix queue.

What is the best way to do this?
Is it possible from within the terminal emulator?

Thx.

How is your Windows box connected to the unix server (VPN,modem,...) ?
Does the Reflexion documentation talk about transparent print ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

I think so: But how do I connect the unix queue to the (Via Refexion) windows printer??
Host-Initiated Printing
Many VT host applications can print to printers that are not attached to the host. This type of host-initiated printing may be called slave printing, logging, pass through printing, auto-print, or controller printing.
Typically, host-initiated printing involves selecting print from a host menu. To send a print job, the host transmits escape sequences to the terminal or terminal emulator, which signal that the print job should be forwarded to a printer. Reflection supports host-initiated printing and forwards the print job to the Windows default printer.

Reflection supports host-initiated printing and forwards the print job to the Windows default printer
So, follow the Reflection's manual to do this.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Does the Unix version support remote printing? I've used such to dump print to a WinXP shared printer using the unix print services of windows. Requires an additional port activation to get some of the interface signals through the XP firewall.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Reflection supports host-initiated printing and forwards the print job to the Windows default printer So, follow the Reflection's manual to do this."

Thx, I think this is what I need, but I don’t understand the reflexion guidelines.
Especially the unix(hp-ux) part.
I know how to setup a unix queue, but how do set it up for printing via Reflexion to the end user(client) windows local printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back