Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unix, Oracle & Cpu usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKMA

MIS
Nov 13, 2000
US
Hi all
we have a unix system running V4.0D and on it there is oracle 7.3.4, my question is:
Is there a tool that I can control the usage of the CPU for the oracle processes?
I know about the renice(8) command, but that didn't help, and this version of oracle doesn't allow me to adjust CPU usage.
Is there any unix tool - even if it is a third party tool- that allows me to assign this much percentage to the processes.

TIA
-MKMA

MKMA,

This sort of thing tends to be pretty UNIX-Version specific, what are you using? Mike
michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com
Email welcome if you're in a hurry or something -- but post in tek-tips as well please, and I will post my reply here as well.

Mike,
I am using Digital Unix version 4.0 D

Will that help?

-Mkma

Even with your version of Unix there should be some kernel configurable parameters. find those parameters which control the percentage of CPU usage. Oracle 7.3.4 uses these parameters.

I am using Digital Unix V 4.0D and oracle 7.3.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back