Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Universe Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithsc

MIS
Apr 20, 2007
GB
When I create a new Universe the 'Insert Tables' option is greyed out and the only option I have is derived tables. The datasource is sitting on a SQL server.

I know this is probably a really simple thing but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

check the rights.
Check the connection details

I've checked all the rights and the connection details in the CMC to be 'Granted' but this hasn't made any difference.

When you log into Designer, are you in Offline (Standalone) mode?

What happens if you choose another universe? Or try to build a new one?

Steve Krandel
Intuit

I'm not sure if i'm online or offline. I presume I'm online as I am able to create derived tables ok.

All the universes are the same (even any new ones I try to create)

Then this is related to the use table browser feature in the CMC under Enterprise Applications.

You say it's all set correctly, but it can't be. You may be a member of multiple groups. The feature is explicitly denied in one of them. Make sure the Everyone Group is set to No Access and not advanced with features turned off.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

That's it. The Everyone Group was set to Advanced and some of the features were turned off. Set the group to No Access and I can now see the tables option.

Thankyou very much Steve for all your patience and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back