Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Universe prompt values not showing in Webi

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogaem

Technical User
Jan 19, 2010
CA
Hi,
I just exported some Webi reports via BIAR-file from one system to another and for some reason when I am refreshing values I am shown the prompt, however when I click on the refresh button of the prompt, it shows "No value".
I am using BOBJ XI 3.1 SP1, on a Windows Server 2008 machine. The system I exported from has a similar configuration, i.e. the BOBJ version and OS.
Does anybody have any idea what is to be done?

Thank you

Sounds like you LOV files are not working. Check the definition of the LOV in the universe and see if that doesn't shed some light on it.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Thank you very much Skrandel for your reply.
I forgot however to mention in my previous message that I have installed the SP3 for Xcelsius.
The same report works normally on another machine, where I do not have the SP3 for Xcelsius installed.
I wonder if this is not the problem...

I managed to transfer the report on another machine w/o the SP2 for Xcelsius installed, and it is doing the same thing, so this is not the issue.
I can see the values of the prompt in edit mode though, however not in normal mode.
I also tried to apply the fix to this type of problem by going to CMC and refreshing the prompt from there, however the values do not show there either.
On this machine I installed BOE XI 3.1 SP1 first, then Crystal Reports & SP1 & SP2 and at the end XCelsius & SP1.
I hope I gave enough details regarding my situation.
Thank you.

I would fix this in Designer. Edit the offending objects and reset the LOV files.

The whole Xcelsius thing cannot be related as it is a client tool. You're having problems on the server.

Also, what do you mean you transferred the report to another machine? Isn't this all on a server?

Steve Krandel
Intuit

I do not use any LOV files.
I just created some prompts in the universe objects.
I transferred the files from a virtual machine to another one for testing purposes.
The machines are configured as servers.

If you transfered the universe, then there are LOV files. Just open the universe in designer and re-export. Perhaps is it will kick it over.

Are you using a BO repository? BIAR file transfers don't work well. The import wizard works much better.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

I reexported the universe several times after I did some changes to several objects.
I still cannot see any values for the prompt, though in the edit mode I can see them clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back