Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Universal Trunk Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

huddleto

Technical User
May 3, 2004
US
A few weeks ago, we added another PRI to our 3 cabinet Opt. 11. I had to relocate a universal trunk card from cab 0 to cab 3 to make room for a new T1 card. Before moving the card, I printed out all the TN's for the card so I would be sure to rebuild them right. It moved from 8 to 35. The next day, I get a complaint about the backdoor callbox not working which was on 008 0 00 00 and moved to 035 0 00 00. I checked all the wiring and it was good. I then disabled the TN and then re-enabled and there was no change. I ended up outing it and rebuilding it on the same port but still no change. I outed it again and built it on a different TN (35 04) and it works great now. I have since added a COT to 35 00 and it too works great. Does anyone have an idea on why I couldn't get it to work on 35 00?

could be switch setting a lose jumper a cable cocked etc, your symptoms say the card the wire and the software was perfect, no way all that was right and it still didn't work. a problem like that really requires some on site testing "while" it's broke, sorry i couldn't be more help

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Check to make sure the 25 amp connector is seated correctly and it is cutdown properly. was 0 the only port that had the trouble?

Thanks all! Yes, 0 was the only one giving me grief and it now works fine with a COT on it. I will give the amp connector a little push just to make sure it's seated good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back