Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity voicemail Call Handler question

Status
Not open for further replies.

STMorin

MIS
Apr 30, 2001
US
Hi,
We have Cisco VOIP and Nortel interfaced with a PRI. Calls between systems work fine. However, I am trying to get callers who zero out of voicemail to ring at the attentant console on our Nortel system, but all they hear after pressing zero is "This system is temporarily unable to complete your call."
I set up an ACD DN (ext 2005) on my Nortel that forwards to 0, our operator. I have the Operator call handler in Unity set to 2005, but I still get the message "...unable to complete your call."
Do I need to set up a subscriber in order to forward these calls since the destination (2005) is not on the CallManager? I can call 2005 from a Cisco phone and get the attendant console.
Thanks
Steve

What is the CSS on your Unity ports?? Are they restricted to Internal calls only? The PRI between the systems may not be accessable from Unity ports.

Is the call handler configured for Nortel or CCM?

Kind Regards,

MassDeployer

I have a similar problem.

We are using CM 4 and Unity 4. When a caller dials "0" to exit voicemail, they should be directed to the operator (x8301). What is happening is that a system voice comes on stating "Sorry the Operator is not available" when in fact she is. Phone is not even ringing, just going straight to voice. Any idea? I believe the problem lies in the Unity call handler, I just can't seen to resolve the issue.

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had it going to the greeting and not ringing the ext.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back