Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity slows down over time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skroll

MIS
Jan 26, 2004
US
We rolled out the Cisco system in February and I have noticed that as a couple of weeks go by the Unity server starts to slow down. When you call a number you here the call directed over to Unity after a few rings, but it will ring 5 more times before picking up. Also, when in the office, you hit the 'Messages' button and it will ring 4-5 times before asking for your password. I usually reboot it and it will then work fine for a few weeks again, but the same thing happens again.

Anyone else have or heard of this issue?

Thanks,

Scott

I have seen Unity slow down if there was a problem in the loading of the server. It has to do with the hard drive filling up. Might want to check to see if you're losing disk space to huge log files.

We had some similar probs in that we didn't have it set up to flush the deleted items folder on the server and when it did a back-up the server would slow with CPU usage @ 95% and harddrive would fill up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back