Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity S.o.S

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobocisco

Technical User
May 25, 2007
GB
Hi

I need your help to save my head with the customer

I had installed a new Unity 4.0(4) in a CCM cluster

I have configured CCM and Unity but I below detail the problem:
I can leave vm in the cisco phones but I cannot hear anythinq when I dial the voice pilot number in the cisco phone. The status monitor of Unity display the vm port busy when I dialled the voice pilot number but the phone didn´t receive packet.
In the CCM the ip address of the vm ports are 164.x.x.x (arpa). Is it normal?.
I have a qsig trunk with Ericsson md110. The Ericsson phones can hear the voice mail msg when they dial the vm pilot number. :-(

If you fix the brown I will invite you a beer in Spain ;-)

No I think that it´s a arpa ip address

I am thinking to remove the vm port in CCM and configure them again

Thanks for your reply :)

Until the registered ip address of unity in ccm matches the unity ip address you will have no audio as call mannager tries to route voice to the bogus ip address.

Did you build your unity server while it was plugged in the network? If so that is what caused your issue. Clear your arp tables. Rebuilding the vm ports will not do anything as the wrong ip address is cached.

Ok I will clean de arp tables with the command arp -d *

I will keep you informed

Thanks from spain :)

Bad luck :-(

I cleanned arpa table with arp -d* in the unity and ccm servers

I obtained the same fault 164.x.x.x the voice mail port in the CCM . I rebuilt the vm ports with the same result
And I resetted the unity server later :-(

Any help?? . Thanks in advanced

Try a DNS flush/refresh then. If that does not clear it you have a configuration issue.

go to dos prompt and type this:

C:\>nbtstat -RR

That will refresh all the netbios names registered by the server.

Let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back