Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity and CS1K

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonedudeSr

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2011
US
we are having a problem with implementing a Nortel CS1K with Cisco Unity Connection 9.x. When a call is forwarded to Unity, it process the call as if a user is dialing in to check their voicemail, "please enter password". Is this a QSig issue or an issue with Call Manager or Unity

Sounds like the Unity is not getting, or not recognizing the DNIS digits etc. How are you connecting the Nortel to the Unity?

Yes, the PRI is istalled and we can call device to device. But when the call is fwd to unity we are not getting the subscribers greeting, asking to enter pin. It's treating the call as if someone is dialing in remotely to check their voicemail. I had this issue before and believe we used a TP or CTI RP to correct.

I'm on 8.x not 9.x so I'm not positive if the same issues carry over, but we have a Cisco Comm Mgr setup as well as a Nortel SL100 and Cisco Unity VM, and we have to be very careful about the number of digits that we are sending from one system to the other. Our extensions in Cisco are 5-digits, so we have 5-digit mailbox numbers, but Nortel sends full 10 digits to Unity VM, so we had to create Alternate Extensions for all of our Nortel users in Cisco with the full 10 digits listed. That way when Unity answers and sees the 10 digits it knows which 5-digit mailbox greeting to play. You can use the port monitor in RTMT for Unity to look at the numbers being passed and verify if that is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back