Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity and 0 out opiton

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessicawalker

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2008
US
Is there a way to get a report on how many callers hit 0 to go to the operator? I have one site that says they are getting a lot of calls from another site because the callers are pushing 0...But I check the caller input at each site (for all users and call handlers)and everything seems to be setup correctly.

You can run a Call Handler report (under Reports then System). It shows exactly how many people pressed 0 in each call handler. You can also run it on the Operator Call Handler to see how many calls they are getting (through the Unity).

Did you check all of the greetings in the call handler for the facility that is sending the "O" out to the other facility? Check all the greetings to make sure the appropriate call handlers are set in the after greeting section. Also, check the transfer rules to make sure those are setup correctly. I know these are not directly related to the caller input but they can cause troubles if there are incorrect call handlers setup in the greeting section and if the transfer rules are setup with the incorrect extensions.

Do the day and let the day do you.

Some versions of Unity have a "caller input" section for individual users. In the past I had a problem where callers were getting into an individual's mailbox and then pressing 0. We generally have this set to ring the front office of a building but, if a person moves to another building without me making the change it can get confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back