Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity 8.5.1 & Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayShoup

IS-IT--Management
Jul 7, 2006
US
We have a Unity 8.5 system and an Exchange 2003 email system.
The two systems have been working well with one another for some time. However, of late, users have been reporting (and I have myself have experianced) extream slowdowns when accessing Exchage from our Outlook 2010 clients (both VM and email). We are also seeing a lot of delay in getting Unity VM into and out of Unified message user's mailboxes. When i say DELAY, we sometimes see several minutes before Outlook "unhangs" and updates the screen.

The Exchange team has been working on this issue for some time now but have begun to question (not accuse) Unity as playing a role in that slow down.

When i look into unified message mailxbox users accounts, and TEST them using the UNIFIED MESSAGE ACCOUNT test feature, i do get a lot of delays, occasional IMAP errors (one time then not the next).

Does anyone have any thoughts on the possibility that Unity is playing a role in the Exchange slowdowns we are experiancing? or, if not, a direction we should proceede to "check" the interaction of the two systems?

FYI: The Exchange team recently split the mailbox stores on Exchange in an attempt to resolve the issues.. but this has not helped.

Also, FYI, our Exchange system has about 2000 users and about 20% of those are unified on Unity.

Thanks in advance.

Network Administrator - Communications & Security Services
Merrillville Commuity School Corp.
276 East 68th Place
Merrillville, IN 46910

We saw this when the main (2 gbps) circuit failed to our redundant backup location and everything failed over to 6 Mbps circuit. Even with COS the circuit was so congested that it significantly slowed down MWI and access between Unity and Exchange. MWI lamps were typically taking 20 minutes to come on (or go off). Message WAV files to exchange were backlogged 3o minutes or more.

I recall also seeing an error message from RTMT but I no longer recall what it said

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back