Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity 5 Digital Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuditSimon

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2007
GB
We're using Call Manager 4.1(3) and Unity 5.0(1). We've got two Unity servers in two different locations, both digitally networked together. If a Unity user from Server A dials the VM Pilot of Server B, Unity successfully automatically transfers them back to Server A and presents them with the correct mailbox login greeting, and vice versa.

On the Call Manager, I've set up a direct transfer to voicemail, when you dial *XXXX. The transfer uses the VM Pilot of Server A.

The problem I've got is that when I dial *XXXX for a user on Server A, it goes straight through to their voicemail as expected. When I dial *XXXX for a user on Server B, I just get the default opening greeting call handler. I was expecting the call to automatically transfer over to server B using the Unity digital networking. When I change the VM Pilot number for *XXXX to be the Server B pilot, then it works fine for users on Server B, and just the default Opening Greeting for users on Server A.

Anybody come across this problem before ? And more importantly got a solution ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back