Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unit of Measure Conversion Tables/Decimal Places

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikesGL1800

Technical User
Nov 20, 2013
US
We have been using MAS90 for the past 20 years +/- and upgraded to the latest version about 2 years ago. We are limited in our understanding of the original set-ups, so here is my question: We are currently selling our products in case lots of 1000 pieces and one of our large customers is requesting that we invoice them at an "each' price. All of the BOM records are set-up at the case/1000 piece level and we need the ability to have at least 5 decimal places to the right. For example, in order to meet the customer's requirements we would need to invoice them at $.02725 and we only have 4 places to work with. Also since our BOM records are also limited to 4 decimal places, we can not create a BOM record for this customer at the each level since we would need to reflect "each" costing at 5 places to the right. We tried to change the set-up from "4" to 5 or 6 but can not change the 4 decimal places currently in our system. It seems like that is the maximum places offered by MAS90. I assume that we can work with the UOM conversion for this customer, but we are not proficient on how to do so. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

You must be on an older version. The current version is 5.0. With this version the field is 16.6 meaning you can have 16 places to the left of the point and 6 places to the right. In older versions you were limited to 4 places to the right. I am guessing you are on v4.30

Visit Sage's Online Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back