Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UNIStim Software Release 5.5.10 for 11xx/12xx IP Deskphones installation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird Scrambler

Programmer
Apr 7, 2003
GB
Hello Guys

Has anyone who has a customer with 7.6 with IP sets, installed Avaya's newest release of UNIStim software of *C98.bin?

The details on the Avaya website are listed below.

UNIStim Software Release 5.5.10 for 11xx/12xx IP Deskphones
Download Type:
Software
Product Name:
1100 Series IP Deskphones , UNIStim 5.x
Date Released:
May 5, 2020
Summary:

Avaya is pleased to announce the availability of UNIStim Software Release 5.5.10 for the 1100 Series, and 1200 Series IP Deskphones. UNIStim Software Release 5.5.10 provides an extended SHA-1 signing certificate originally required for a targetted customer issue and to transition to SHA-2. This firmware is not needed anymore to enable the transition from SHA-1 to SHA-2.

UNIStim Software Release 5.5.10 is supported on the Avaya 1110, 1120E, 1140E, 1150E, 1165E, 1210, 1220, and 1230 IP Deskphones only.

This release is being provided as a no charge update to all customers. These software loads have not yet been introduced as the default loads for the IP Deskphones shipped from Avaya. Avaya recommends an upgrade to this release of software for all applicable IP Deskphones and Call Servers at the earliest convenience.

This software is compatible with the following Call Server platforms:

Avaya Communications Server 1000 (CS1000)
Avaya Aura Device Adapter (ADA)

Important Note: See the section on ‘Call Server Compatibility and Requirements’ in the Read Me Document for minimum software and Release requirements.

UNIStim Software Release 5.5.10 is copyrighted software, and is to be distributed under the agreement and terms of the purchase License Agreement.

File:
0623C98.bin , UNIStim 5.x

Binary file for 1110 IP Deskphone.

File:
0624C98.bin , UNIStim 5.x

Binary file for 1120E IP Deskphone.

File:
0625C98.bin , UNIStim 5.x

Binary file for 1140E IP Deskphone.

File:
0626C98.bin , UNIStim 5.x

Binary file for 1165E IP Deskphone

File:
0627C98.bin , UNIStim 5.x

Binary file for 1150E IP Deskphone.

File:
062AC98.bin , UNIStim 5.x

Binary file for 1210/1220/1230 IP Deskphone.

My reason for asking is that I have a BCM 50 running release 6.0 with some 1140e IP phones that currently work fine with the *C97.bin firmware.

I've uploaded the *C98.bin files and the sets start the upgrade, but won't complete because it fails. I had initally thought that it was because they were being upgraded via the BCM, so I then set up a TFTP server and pointed the provisioning server to be the TFTP IP address as I have done on previous versions without any problems.

Again, it fails to install the firmware, so I'm now thinking that this isn't a BCM problem.

I realise that Avaya no longer supports the BCM anymore, but surely the firmware applies to the IP sets and not the phone system?.

I'm just keen to hear if anyone has got it working OK on a CS1000 system.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I've downloaded the Firmware *C98 files again from the Avaya website and I have taken photos showing the Firmware upgrade steps.

This photo shows the 1140e existing firmware of 0625C97

Existing_Firmware_0625C97_papoil.jpg

This photo shows the 0625C98 being uploaded into the 1140e phone.

Update_firmware_to_0625C98_psqxed.jpg

The final photo shows the error message of FW authentication failure that appears on the screen.

0625C98_FW_authentication_failure_message_lo0jzc.jpg

It would appear to me that the release of firmware is suspect?. I could understand it if the existing firmware I had was a very early release and that I should have to do more than one upgrade to get to this issue.

This is why I'm keen to find out if other engineers have tried to use this latest release?.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

A star from me Bignose21. That link was very useful.

Just to let you know that I did managed to upgrade my 1140e set to 0625C98 OK.

1140e_set_with_0625C98_firmware_ixyvav.png

What I think I did (not actually sure!) was to use my TFTP server. I played around with the 0625C86.bin and 0625C91.bin files. I forgot to change my 1140eSIP.cfg file, and ended up installing the SIP firmware of SIP1140e04.04.33.00.bin.

I then rolled it back to either the C86 or C91 and noticed that the upgrade screens on the 1140e set was different with the older C86 firmware being more text based on the top left side of the screen.

Anyway, the firmware upgrade kept swapping over from one firmware release to the other. I also added in the C98 firmware onto the BCM via SSH.

I turned off the TFTP server and left it to do another errand in the house. I happened to look a little later and noticed the IP 1140e set was registered again.

My guess is that as the link Bignose21 had mentioned was that you need to degrade the firmware to a lower release such as C86, before upgrading it straight to C98.

Personally, I think Avaya shouldn't have released this firmware and I shall be waiting for the C99 to come out before December 2020 as they have stated in the link.

I did remove the 0625C98.bin file from my BCM to prevent other sets from failing.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Just to confirm that I reverted the 1140s set's firmware back to 0625C86.bin via my TFTP Server. I had loaded in the newest release of 0625C98.bin into the BCM's storage area and this seems to have done the trick.

The only difference that I can see so far is that the SSH access to the phone has now gone.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Forget my last comment on SSH access.

I took another look and managed to did find it after pressing the Services button twice under

2. Local Diagnostics, then 6. for Advanced Diag Tools and then hitting the Admin Password.

You can enable and add in a user name and password. Apply it.
The phone doesn't reboot!.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

but surely the firmware applies to the IP sets and not the phone system"
If a phone system software is updated then the firmware may also need to be updated to accommodate any change on the platform (BCM in this case).
That is why "supported" is in question.

v 5.5.8 (062xx96) is the last supported firmware for BCM.

There is no advantage to update the firmware on IP sets connected to BCM at this point as any newer firmware's are geared for CS1000 or the Aura platforms.
I guess CS1000 will start to have the same issue in 2024 or so.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I had a 7.6 CS1K in US we were patching remotely put the firmware on and all the sets stuck in upgrade. We just reverted back then found that link and made the same decision to wait to C99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back