Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unistim/SIP phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

lapakhora

MIS
Jan 18, 2012
PK
Hi,
Need help in below
System is CS1K release 7.6 with Session and system manager.

can we use 1220/1230/1120e/1140e IP phone as proprietary Unistim phone as well as SIP phone???

What we need to do if i wants above phone to work as proprietary and as well as SIP phone?

Regards

You can load either UNISTim or SIP software on those models. Information on how to do so is in the documentation. Note that the telephony features when using SIP on those models with a CS1000 is very different from the features when using UNIStim.

Thanks PAL for the info. Actually i am going to purchase many 1120e/1140e/1220. I have SIP and IP user licenses in my CS1K just wanted to sure if i can build all of these as either Unistim or SIP.
One more question,we have three offices location, one has IP Office 8, Communication Manager 6.2 and CS1K release 7.6.
These three offices are connected using SIP and session manager. Does all above phone with SIP firmware are compatible with IPO and CM also???

I have flashed back and forth between SIP and UNISTIM firmware on the same 1140 phone successfully so I would assume you're fine to deploy in whatever combination you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back