Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unistim/IP phone firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

justM1

Vendor
Jun 9, 2008
Hi all, can somebody guide me how to upload new IP phone firmware to all IP set through Element manager or CLI commands???

first you have to upload and distribute the firmware in the software section of element manager. then you can issue the isetResetAll command on each signaling server and it will cause the sets to reboot and when they come back up they will get teh new firmware.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Complete directions are in the "IP Line Fundamentals" NTP. If you are using Element Manager and your site has public internet access, then the "currency file" mechanism makes it real easy to download the latest files from Nortel's web site.

I have had instances of where the currency file was wrong. Especially on i2007 sets. Currency file was 2 releases off.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back