Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unistalling software

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuca

Technical User
Mar 16, 2004
BR
I have win xp professional vr 2002 service pack 2.
I can´t unistall software encore 4.5.5 (demo version).

Every time i try, it shows the message:
"The following file does not exist or is not a valid unistallation log file.
C:ARQUIV~1/ENCORE~1/unistal.log"

From time to time i use registry clean, and others related utilities from iobit ( to fix troubles. The question is: Is there the possibility that this file was lost in any of those "cleaning" tasks? and How can i fix it?

Tks

Yes, to Registry cleaners doing more than they ought to.

Can you create this file C:ARQUIV~1/ENCORE~1/uninstall.log in the appropriate folder, and see whether that fools the uninstall? Use Notepad (blank) and save it with a .log extension.

See if your program has a separate uninstaller on the Start/ Programs Menu list, or in the Program Files folder.

Probably the above (first) wont work, in which case you might have to reinstall the software then uninstall it, or tell your Registry cleaner to delete it from the Registry, or manually do it yourself, then you can delete the Folders and Start Menu links.

I would also try reinstall/uninstall first, but if that fails you might try Revo Uninstaller:
Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back