Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unistall ie7 if i have no access to add/remove programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivasuzi

Programmer
Jun 14, 2002
Hello! I thought I'd like the new IE7, so I installed it on my laptop. As with most people, I don't like it at all and I want to go back to IE6!

However I do not have access to add/remove programs, or Start-->Run. They give us permission to install but not to uninstall (I never understood that!)

Is there any other way to remove this? I'd rather not have to call my help desk to have them remove it.

Thanks

[cat2] *Suzanne* [elephant2]
[wavey] [wiggle]

Ok, I found a way to remove it :-D

I searched and found someone saying to go to a path like C:\WINDOWS\$Nsomethinguninstallie7something\spuninst\spuninst.exe

Well I didn't hav ethat Nsomething folder, but I found this instead

C:\WINDOWS\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe

I ran that, reset, and IE7 is gone! Yay [2thumbsup]

My google toolbar and links bar are back in the right places :) After seeing IE7, I love [love] IE6!!

Thanks for reading :)

[cat2] *Suzanne* [elephant2]
[wavey] [wiggle]

Have a look at the paragraph "Before installing IE7" in this article, points 2, and 11, may be relevant.

Troubleshooting Internet Explorer 7

But if local policy is preventing you from uninstalling, then perhaps you should not attempt any such thing, it may not work anyway (depending on restrictions) and only create further problems for you, and, or, your XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back