Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unison dialer - multiple ACD - adding subnets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabersKunk

Technical User
May 16, 2005
GB
I have an old Davox Unison dialer (v4) which is a soft dialer connected to 2 Avaya ACD's. The way Unison works is that in the dialer config the network subnet of agent positions is assigned to a particular ACD which allows the dialer to know which ACD the agent will be using. This saves having the agent select which ACD they want to connect to.

The only problem is that I have a new subnet to add to an ACD within the dialer config but I can not remember how to do it. Aspect have been no help. Does anyone know how you do this? I believe it is done by modifying a registry entry on a PC with RPM installed, you then log into RPM and the subnet section is now available. Does anyone know which registry entry to add\modify?

Many thanks!

This may be a little late for you, but the flag to allow editing of CTI Setup Interfaces is 'cti_flag' set to a value of 1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->DAVOX. Exit the banner, set the flag, and the next time you launch you will be able to edit the CTI Interfaces. To connect to multiple Inbound Switches, you will need to set up an second CTI instance. Most system installations include 2 CTI instances. Anything more than 2 will require some work from an Aspect Engineer. This flag will not give you access to the subnets, however.

You also need to update the subnet masks in the 'gate' database to route agents to the proper CTI instance. The table name is 'cti_tcp_to_switch_map'. Settings will not take effect until PDR or CTI reset on the system. Don't do this if you are taking calls as it will disconnect all lines.

Hope this helps a little.

Unfortunately I had to pay for some consultancy to add the subnets, however with this information I won't need to again.

Thank you very much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back