Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unique report number generated by crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

veles

Technical User
Sep 1, 2006
CA
Hi,

Is there a way to have crystal create a unique report number each time the report is run.

I am running this report from an access database using crystal XI.

I have volunteered to do this report for our church from an existing access database. The church gives out receipts for pledges by donors. So when the donor does a donation a receipt is printed which needs a unique number. I have all the fields in the report that I need. All is working but I am struggling on this unique number.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I guess the data for the donation is saved and then shown on the report. Create an AutoNumber field in the access table where donations are saved and use the value instead of trying to generate something on the fly.

Viewer and Scheduler for Crystal reports and SSRS.

Thanks for the reply.
I came up with the following:

Since each donor has a unique ID, each donation has a unique ID, I have concatenated these 2 ID's and added the date converted to a sting. So since a print will be made daily, it will be always unique.

Thanks

The donation ID should be unique. Why to concatenate the value with the donor id and the date ?

Viewer and Scheduler for Crystal reports and SSRS.

This way we can track each donor by Donor ID, then Pledge ID and date all from the receipt number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back