Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unique License Restore Problem - Recent upgrade to R6.0.63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurley08

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2008
US
Hoping someone might be able help to give me a hand with this NBX 100 Hard Drive replacement/restore problem...

I recently upgraded from R4.1.71 to R4.4.12 to R5.0.31 and then to R6.0.63. Sense then every two days or so I receive Memory Allocation problems and the system crashes and has to be rebooted. So i figured my vendor didn't tell me that I probably needed a memory upgrade going to version 6. Turns out I have 64MB, which according to him is plenty. He said that all signs point to a faulty hard drive...ugh, ok, so I purchase one and attempt to replace it. In doing so, I do a full restore off a recent copy in Netset and low and behold the license file fails. Gives me this error:

"The license backup file(htfs0/3ComNBXLic.tar) that you are trying to restore does not match this NBX system. Close this window and locate the correct file."

My vendor suggested that i try powering off the device and removing all Digital and Analog line cards and rebooting the system and give it that a try. Suggested that there is a NBX MAC address disassociation with one of the cards and removing it might clear the error. Ah, to no avail. Anyone savy enough to take a stab?

Sounds like the dealer might not know what they are talking about. Or at least how to troubleshoot this. It sounds like the license file may be corrupt. All the license file is really is a copy of all the activation keys you have entered on the system so unless the backplane of the system changed that really shouldnt be an issue. this post is so old im worndering did you ever get past this issue. with memalloc errors i have seen memory upgrades almost always help with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back