Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unique identification of Human beings using thumb prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

magezi

Programmer
Mar 2, 2000
UG
I was told that every man's thumb prints is different from the other! If this is true it would be simple to uniquely identify human beings using Fingure prints.
I'm therefore throwinh this to you friends can someone write a C++ code to trap finger prints feed them into a Computer and therefore use it to uniquely identify humans? I believe we could use some scanner as an input device. I'm thinking of something that would behave like these bar code scanners/Printers

If this application would be found It would help in the fight against crime because finger prints remain every where we go.

Nkabirwa Sowed Magezi
nkabirwa@yahoo.com

A Ugandan Developer for

(1) School Management Information System(SMIS) - Foxpro 2.6 ; Ms-Acess 97

(2)Debt onitoring System(DMS) - Ms-Acess 97

(3) The Loans Recovery System(LS) - Ms- Access 97

(4) The Dry Cleaners System(DS) - Ms- Access 97

Compaq made a fingerprint reading device. We have one here in testing for logging on and off of computers. Just press it and it logs you in. Pretty neat. Check out the compaq site.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back