Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unique function....

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyetry

Programmer
Oct 2, 2002
US
Not understanding the results when I'm using the unique function... Sometimes it seems to work right others it seems wrong...

creating an f_map with a rule like

EXTRACT_SUBSCRIBER_ROW(Row:In1, COUNT(UNIQUE( DEP_BEGIN_DATE:Dep_Row:In1 )))

Sometimes the count is right others it is off... ie.. I have two dependents with the same date value. the 'count(unique...' value = 2. other times for other dependents they have the same value and count = 1.

What am I missing.

I think the rule might be too complicated for Mercator - it'll lose track of what its trying to count when you also include the functional map.

I would create another temporary output card where you duplicate the input but add an extra field to count the unique dependent rows.

Olly.

The question is is it the unique function or the count function that is giving the wrong result? If it is the unique function you need to look closely at the data in a hex editor.

What version are you using? I remember a problem with UNIQUE in 6.7.1. Furthermore COUNT(UNIQUE(...)) might not be the best idea as both are series consuming functions.

Resolved. I was pointing to the wrong card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back