Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uniphi connect question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2003
US
Here is an email I just received from my help desk. They just began using Uniphi Connect and these are some of there concerns so far. Are there any work around for their issues?
------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some of the downfalls to using Uniphi Connect that I have noticed. I am not against using Uniphi, I’m just pointing out some of the downfalls.

Not able to tell if there is a call waiting unless the Soft Phone is visible.

Not ABLE to check messages through the headset.

Issue with people who walk up and people coming in on the phone.

Not passing caller information from Cisco to Aspect.

- you can play sounds if a call is waiting. Obvioulsly you won't see waiting indicator when the application is not visible, but when the SDK comes out you can do your own popups. Till then a CTI application can do that

- I don't understand the headset issue. Uniphi Connect gives you a callback on a phone, which you could equip with a headset. Checking messages on the ACD through Uniphi Connect has nothing to do with using a headset

- what is the Issue with people who walk up and people coming in on the phone ???

- passing caller information from Cisco to Aspect doesn't involve Uniphi Connect. I need to guess what the issue is: If the Agent gets the callback to an Cisco IP Phone, the caller ID is presented on the Uniphi Connect GUI (if configured in the ACD). The IP Card - Cisco Phone connection just establishes a voice path between agent and ACD. This call has not relation to the external call, hence you need to get the data from the Uniphi Connect Application

If you can't get the call id through a VOIP Gateway, probably the VOIP gateway doesn't pass it on to the ACD, or check the ACD configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back