Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UNION

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpmINFO

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2004
US
I would like to perform a UNION within informatica 6.2,
I know there is no transformation to handle this in Informatica 6.2, but is there some kind of logic to handle this.
Again my source is a flat file and I have to modify the data before performating this union.

Version 7 is supposed to come up with the union transformation. For now you can either use override SQL in the source qualifier or use multiple mappings that write to the same target. The last option should work in your case (depending on requirements)

I use both techniques in implementing interface files for a forecasting application that draw data from different systems

Ties Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

I know version 7 has UNION...
Can you give me a better solution

Thought I did.

If you need to perform a union halfway you can load data into intermediate tables (staging) and use an additional mapping with and override SQL (a UNION in this case ) on the intermediate tables.

By the way, this is a forum. Not a paid support centre..

Ties Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back