Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Union query and linking excel sheets to Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

karysmithers

Technical User
Feb 22, 2012
Hi, I have about 20 offices who send an excel notebook consisting of 10 sheets to Head Office per month. I need to link them (name includes OfficeName and date eg: PLE01012012), create a union query, and copy the records to a temporary file (which is cleared before each copy). Does anyone know a simple way of doing this - I'd prefer not to have queries listed in my query nav pane.
Thanks, kary

I would consider importing the data to a db rather then linking all of the sheets. Manipulate the data with Update / Append queries to your tables (normalized of coarse) then you can do what you want with the data

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work" <<Edison>>

I'd prefer not to have queries listed in my query nav pane
I think your missing the point of a database. If you don't like seeing them make them 'hidden objects'

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work" <<Edison>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back