Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstalling the EPO Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

ommer

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2002
NL
All,

After a lot of trying to get this EPO to work (in which I failed miserably) I have de-installed the EPO server software. I activated a switch to remove all EPO clients from the client machines, but ofcourse this didn't work like it was supposed to.

It removed it on some machines, but not on others. I do not see the EPO client in the "add/remove software" nor in the start menu's, so I cannot uninstall it. Does any1 have any idea how to do this ??

Thanks for your help,

Ommer

Sorry,

I found it by browsing through the registry. For people who are interested: it's "aginst32.exe /remove"

l8rs,

Ommer

The actual path would be:

C:\ePOAgent\aginst32.exe /remove

HTH, AVChap
... take my advice, I don't use it anyway!

I ran into the same problems - couldn't find out how to remove Epolicy Orchestrator Agent from computers or server so I just turned off the service. I'm looking forward to removing it tomorrow, is there anything I should look out for? I Didn't have the best of luck with this package. Seemes to work on some computers and not on others.

Yep,

It's terrible. I still have some clients in remote sites where the client will not uninstall. But the best thing to do is remove it completely by running the above command from the logon script. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back