Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstalling roxio easy cd creator

Status
Not open for further replies.

bawa63

Vendor
Jun 7, 2004
US
I recently bought a HP DVD burner. When i install the software, it gives a meassage that "Roxio easy CD creator detected" so it does not install some part of HP software. How do i uninstall this Roxio easy CD creator software/plug-in so i can proceed with installing the HP software. I tried everything even removing windows media player yet cannot get roxio to uninstall. Please help. thanks.

This one refers to WIN XCP. Will it also work for WIN2K? Please advise. Thanks

Yes it will. The difference is that you won't have the "System Restore" feature to create a restore point in step 1.

It's a pretty safe procedure as long as you are careful in your registry. It's not a bad idea to at least back it up first, since that's the only part you're deleting anything from. Other than that, the registry keys should be located in the same place.

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind";
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back