Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstalling Outlook on Exchange box

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBSguy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2008
US
Hello all and happy new year,
I have recently taken over a customer with a 2003 SBS server. Everything seems to be running ok, but the previous tech installed and configured Outlook on the SBS box. I know there are multiple issues with this concerning MAPI connections, but I am not sure how to go about uninstalling Outlook without screwing Exchange. If any of you have any experience with this, or could lend some insight.... it would be much appreciated. Thanks again

Rob

Hi SBSguy, I realise this post has been around for a while... but I'll reply anyway.
I've been in the same boat recently, taken on a customer that has outlook installed.I've taken it off after reaidng many forum posts, and all was ok.
I don't understand why SBS installs it tbh as as you say above, MS recommendation is not to install Outlook on an Exchange server.
But then again< SBS goes against everything MS best practcie says :)

Paul Thomas
Important IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back